Secondary Education Department, Assam has released an official notification (Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020) for Assam Higher Secondary (HS) TET Examination 2021. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for Assam HS TET Exam 2020-2021 at the official website of SSA.
Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020 Details:
Name Of The Exam: Assam Higher Secondary Teachers’ Eligibility Test (TET) 2020
Exam Conducted By: Secondary Education Department, Assam
Date Of Exam: 10th Jan 2020 (Tentatively)
Application Mode: Online
Official Website: https://ssa.assam.gov.in
Eligibility Criteria For Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020:
Educational Qualification: Post-Graduation with at least 50 % marks (or its equivalent) from recognized University and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teachers Education recognized institution, but degrees obtained from off campus and distance education institutions shall not be considered as valid. (If the Territorial Jurisdiction of the institution is beyond their approved jurisdiction then the Institution and the subject in which the degree is awarded must have approval of UGC and all other concerned authorities)
Age: Age of the candidate must not be less than 21 years of age. At the time of appointment in Govt./Prov. Schools upper and lower age limit will be applicable as per the Govt. rules/act prevailing at that time.
Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India and permanent resident of Assam.
Structure & Content Of The Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020:
The examination shall be for 200 marks with two papers (Paper-I & Paper-II) of 200 multiple choice Questions (MCQs), each one of them carrying equal marks.
Paper I (Common to all candidates)
- Subject: Pedagogy, General English ,Basic Numerical and Assam and It’s People.
- Part: 100 Multiple choice questions
- Marks: 100
- Time: 2 hours
Candidates has to choose one of the three options as per suitability
- Option-A – Exclusively commerce related
- Option-B – Exclusively Science related
- Option-C – General Studies and Current Affairs
Candidate has to choose the option carefully by studying prescribed syllabus.
Part: 100 Multiple choice questions in each Option
Time: 2 hours
- TOTAL MARKS: 200
Candidates have to qualify both the Papers separately to qualify the exam.
To qualify in TET Examination the candidate must score at least 60% marks in each paper. However, 5% relaxation in marks will be given for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ MOBC/ PH candidates. The candidate whose degree of physical disability is more than 40% is only eligible to apply, under the PH category.
Validity Of Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020 Certificate:
All candidates who pass the TET will be awarded a certificate. The validity of the certificate shall be for a maximum period of 7(Seven) years from the date of issue of the certificate by the Empowered Committee, Government of Assam subject to the condition that the candidate otherwise fulfills the eligibility criteria prescribed as per Govt. of Assam Service rule for recruitment as Post Graduate Teacher.
- Fee payable: Rs 500/- (Rs. Five hundred) only for general candidate and Rs. 300/ (Three hundred) only for SC/ ST/ OBC/ MOBC and PWD candidate.
- Fee need to be paid in online mode only.
- Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
Time & Schedule For Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020:
- Opening of Online Application Form: 20/11/2020
- Last date of Submission of online Application form: 30/11/2020
- Last date of fees Payment: 3/12/2020
- Date of examination: 10/01/2021
Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020 Exam Zones:
Important Points About Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020:
- The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the School Leaving Certificate/ HSLC Admit Card/ Certificate issued by a recognized Board/ Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the mentioned documents.
- Blind candidates will be allowed to sit in the examination for an additional 50 minutes than the normal candidates, a separate room/hall may be provided for them along with his scribe. Scribe need to be certified by the District Social Welfare Officer. It must be ensured that Scribe carries the certificate to the examination hall/room.
- As per the aforesaid Service Rules, in addition to such academic and professional qualification mentioned in the Schedule for direct recruitment to the post, all candidates shall have to appear and pass in the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) conducted by the Government scoring minimum 60% marks in case of General category candidates and minimum of 55% marks in case of SC/ ST/ OBC/ MOBC/ PH candidates.
- Syllabus for the aforesaid TET examination is available on website http://ssa.assam.gov.in
- B.Ed degree received from off Campus Centres or unrecognized institutions/ universities shall not be accepted.
- Degree means Master Degree no equivalence shall be allowed.
- Candidates will be allowed to enter examination hall only with Admit card and blue or black ball pen.
- Candidates wearing smart watch, dresses with big buttons will not be allowed to enter examination hall.
- Candidates must produce a photo identity proof of any of the following in the examination hall: PAN card, Voter ID card, Aadhaar card, Indian Passport, Photo ID card issued by Govt. or public sector undertaking.
- The TET empowered committee reserves the right to cancel the candidature of any candidates as and when any ineligibility condition is detected. If any information declared by the candidate is found to be false at any stage, the candidate will be penalized as per prevailing law/rules.
- Question paper will be available in English, Assamese, Bengali and Bodo language.
How To Apply For Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020:
- Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of http://ssa.assam.gov.in
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- The TET Empowered Committee does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason.
For more information please visit the official Website/ Notification given below.
Starting Date: 20 November 2020
Last Date: 30 November 2020
Official Notification: Click Here
Official Website: Click Here
Higher Secondary TET Syllabus: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here