Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam has released a notification for the State Level (Stage-I) National Talent Search (NTS Exam). This Exam is sponsored by the National Council of Educational Research and Training, New Delhi.
National Talent Search scheme is a flagship activity of National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT). The purpose of the scheme is to identify the talented students and nurture their talent on the basis of examination conducted Scholarship will be awarded as per NCERT Rules.
Exam Name: National Talent Search (NTS Exam)
Organisation: National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT)
Eligibility: Class 10th
Apply method: Online
NTS Exam 2019-20 Assam Details:
About two thousand scholarships are awarded for different stages of education as follows:
- Scholarship of Rs. 1250/- per month for class XI to XII
- Scholarship of Rs. 2000/- per month for Undergraduate and Post-graduates.
- The scholarship amount for P.hD is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
Apply & Exam Fees:
- The application process of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination has been made online. Students have to download the “Bidyarthi” app from the play store of android phone. Moreover they can apply through our official website “madhyamik.assam.gov.in“. Application have to pay the exam fee through Debit/Credit card, internet banking at the time of the application.
- There will be two stages of selection process of the award of this scholarship.
- Stage-I (State-Level), selection will be done by State/UTs and those who qualify Stage-I will be eligible to appear in the Stage-II (National Level) examination conducted by NCERT.
- State level qualification for candidates form General category is 40% in each paper and for candidates form SC,ST,PH is 32% in each paper.
- A written examination will be held on 13th December, 2020 for the selection of candidates under the NTS scheme.
- There are two papers Paper-I Mental Ability Test (MAT): 100 marks, Paper-II Scholarship Aptitude Test (SAT): 100 Marks, for NTS Exam.
- This is an OMR based examination. Each question shall carry one mark each in both the papers. There will be no negative marking in either of the tests.
- Previous years question papers are also available in the “Bidyarthi” app.
- Assam State quota is 202
- 15% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category.
- 5% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging ST category.
- 27% Scholarship will be reserved for the candidates belonging to OBC category (Non-Creamy Layer)
- 10% Scholarship will be reserved for the candidates belonging to Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) from the year 2019-20, who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs. Those candidates have to produce income and assets certificate issued by the competent authority.
- 4% will be reserved for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
- 27% will be reserved for students belonging OBC category (Non-Creamy Layer)
- Application process will be started form 25th October, 2020.
- Last date for submission of application form is 25th November, 2020.
- Date of Examination is 13/12/2020. (Sunday)
- E-admit cards will be issued form 1st December, 2020 onwards.
- Students of class-X studying in Government, Local Body, Govt Aided, Private Schools are eligible to appear in the examination.
The application process of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination has been made ONLINE. Students have to download the “Bidyarthi” app from the Play Store of Android phone. Moreover they can apply through our official website “www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in” Applicants have to pay the exam fee through Debit/Credit card, internet banking at the time of the application.
- 250/- for General & OBC Category.
- 225/- for SC/ST Category.
- 220/- for Differently Abled students.
Admit card will available online. The candidates may download his/her admit card by putting his/her application number or name on or after 01/12/2020. If any candidate fails to submit required information or deposit fee, their application will be rejected and no admit card will issued against them.
Please refer to “Official Notification” to know about the examination center of NTS Exam.
For more information please visit the official Website/Notification given below.
Starting Date: 25 October 2020
Last Date: 25 November 2020
Official Website: Click Here
Official Notification: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here