Silchar, Cachar College has released an official notification (Cachar College Recruitment 2020) for the post of 17 Assistant Professor Vacancy under the direct recruitment procedure. Eligible and interested candidates can apply offline at “THE PRINCIPAL, CACHAR COLLEGE, SILCHAR, ASSAM, PIN: 788001“.
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
Total number of Post: 17
Cachar College Recruitment 2020 Details:
Subject wise post details for cachar college recruitment 2020 –
- English: 2 post [ST(P) – 1 (Roster point – 55), OBC/MOBC – 1 (Roster point – 69)]
- Bengali: 1 post [UR – 1 (Roster point – 07)]
- Manipuri: 1 post [OBC/MOBC – 1 (Roster point – 02)]
- Arabic: 1 post [OBC/MOBC – 1 (Roster point – 13)]
- Sanskrit: 1 post [UR – 1 (Roster point – 68)]
- Political Science: 1 post [UR – 1 (Roster point – 09)]
- Economics: 2 post [UR – 1 (Roster point – 16), ST(H) – 1 (Roster point – 30)]
- Philosophy: 1 post [UR(PWD) – 1 (Roster point – 01)]
- History: 1 post [ST(P) – 1 (Roster point – 45)]
- Physics: 1 post [UR(PWD) – 1 (Roster point – 34)]
- Chemistry: 1 post [OBC/MOBC – 1 (Roster point – 47)]
- Botany: 2 post [ST(H) – 1 (Roster point – 10), OBC/MOBC – 1 (Roster point – 58)]
- Mathematics: 2 post [UR – 1 (Roster point – 29), OBC/MOBC – 1 (Roster point – 11)]
Eligibility Criteria For Cachar College Recruitment 2020:
As per Office Memorandum Assam Higher Education No. AHE.407/ 2017/44 dated Dispur, the 8th November, 2018.
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree Level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of marks at the Master’s Level for the SC/ ST/ Persons with Disabilities (PWD) categories of applicants for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to the teaching positions for the above-mentioned posts. The eligibility marks of 55% and the relaxation of 5% to the SC/ST/ Persons with Disabilities (PWD) categories are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of marks to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to September 19, 1991.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidates must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in (i) and (ii) above, who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum Standards and procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in University/ College/ Institutions.
- Candidate must acquire qualifications as on the last date for submitting applications. However, eligibility like M.Phil./Ph.D./Seminar Papers/ Publications can be acquired and submitted on the date of interview and not beyond.
- Candidates must be Indian Citizens having proficiency in local language.
“UGC Scale of Pay and other allowances” as admissible.
Date Of Interview For Cachar College Recruitment 2020:
The date of interview along with names of short-listed candidates will be uploaded at the college website (www.cacharcollege.ac.in) in due time. Individual call letter will also be sent to candidate by post/email.
How to apply:
- Eligible candidate may download the Application Format from the college website (www.cacharcollege.ac.in) /website of DHE, Assam and submit the filled in application (in duplicate) along with self-attested photocopies of academic credentials, relevant documents from HSLC onwards and Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) to “THE PRINCIPAL, CACHAR COLLEGE, SILCHAR, ASSAM, PIN: 788001”. Beside the aforesaid documents submission of self-attested photocopy of Caste Certificate, if any, is must otherwise the application is liable to be rejected.
- Application should be accompanied by an A/c Payee Demand Draft of Rs. 2,000/- (Rupees Two thousand) only as non-refundable application fee drawn in favour of PRINCIPAL, CACHAR COLLEGE payable at STATE BANK OF INDIA, SILCHAR BRANCH (IFSC Code: SBIN0000183 & Branch Code: 000183).
- Candidate serving elsewhere should forward their application only through proper channel with an NOC from the Appointing Authority/Employer. An advance copy may be sent to the undersigned within stipulated last date of submission. However,if no NOC is submitted in such cases, the application is liable to be rejected. NOC can be produced on the date of interview and not beyond.
- Application must reach the undersigned within 20 (twenty) days from the date of publication of this advertisement (Cachar College Recruitment 2020).
For more information please visit the official Website/ Notification given below.
Starting Date: 06 November 2020
Last Date: 25 November 2020
Official Notification: Click Here
Official Website: Click Here
RELATED POST: Assam University Recruitment 2020 – Apply For The Post Of 73 Prof, Asso Prof & Assi Prof Vacancy