Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021 is a special scholarship scheme launched by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the students of the North Eastern Region (NER) to promote higher education and for encouraging children belonging to the economically weaker sections of the North East region. Interested & eligible candidates can apply online via the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021 Details:
Organization: University Grants Commission (UGC)
Scholarship Name: Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021
Academic Session: 2021-2022
Courses: General Degree Courses, Technical & Professional Courses, Including Medical & Paramedical Courses
Application Mode: Online
Number Of Scholarships: 10,000 (Ten Thousand)
Eligible States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim & Tripura
Official Website: www.scholarships.gov.in
Objective Of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021:
The objectives of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021 for the North Eastern Regions are:-
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region
- To increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) in NE Region
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation
It is envisaged to provide ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
Eligibility Criteria For Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021:
Educational Institutes: Students with the domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in a general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions recognized as under –
- Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC
- Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges funded by Central/ State Government
- Institutes of National Importance
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
Class: Only first-year Undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021.
Course: For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses, the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for a scholarship.
Family Income: For availing of scholarships under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Reservation: Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
Exclusions: The following shall not be eligible under this scheme –
- Students pursuing courses/ programs through Open Universities
- Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate program under any other schemes
- Students gaining admission through ‘management quota
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to the award of a Degree
- Students whose parents’ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum
Amount Of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021:
An amount of Rs.5400/- p.m. for General Degree courses and Rs. 7800/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
Selection Process For Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021:
The selection process of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021 is based on the following factors –
- 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census (last)
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to the non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms
FAQ About Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021:
1. Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?
» No. Only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India are
covered under the schemes i.e.Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya,
Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
2. Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to be included under the scheme?
» Yes, only those candidates whose annual family income is not equal or more than Rs.4.5 lakh per annum are covered under the ambit of the scheme.
3. Is there any need for uploading of domicile certificate along with the online application form?
» Yes, the domicile certificate/ permanent resident certificate issued by the competent authority will have to be uploaded with the online application form.
4. Are only first-year undergraduate students eligible to apply?
» Yes, only those students who have passed Class XII (CBSE board) or equivalent
Examination of State Boards of NER is eligible to apply.
5. Are students enrolled in Diploma courses or those who have cleared the Class XII exam or equivalent in the preceding years eligible to apply?
» No. Only those students who have qualified class XII exam or equivalent exam during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
6. Are students enrolled in private/deemed universities (not funded by either Central or State Government) eligible to apply?
» No. The scheme is applicable for students of first-year undergraduate courses and
enrolled in the following institutions who are eligible to apply.
7. Are students enrolled in integrated courses of eligible institutions eligible to apply?
» Yes. Students enrolled in integrated courses are eligible to apply. The awardee will however draw scholarship only for the undergraduate part of the course.
8. Are students enrolled in dual degree courses eligible to apply?
» Yes. However, the awardee will be eligible to draw a scholarship only till the tenure of the first-degree program.
9. Are all courses covered under the ambit of the scheme?
» Yes. The scholarship will be awarded in general degree courses, professional courses, technical courses, medical and paramedical courses (including MBBS, BAMS, BDS, B.Arch, BTech, etc.)
10. Is there a difference in the amount of scholarship payable to the awardees? How will payments be regulated?
» Yes. There are two amounts of scholarship payable to the awardees? Rs.5400/- p.m. for general degree courses viz. BA, B.Sc, B.Com, BMS, BBA, etc, and Rs.7800/- p.m. for other courses viz. technical, professional, medical, paramedical courses, etc. The amounts of scholarship payments will be determined according to the verification provided by the institution at the time of applying.
11. Will the scholarship be transferred in case the awardee changes the institution or course during the tenure of the scholarship?
» No. There is no provision for transfer of scholarship.
12. Will the scholarship be renewed if the awardee fails in the first or subsequent years of study?
» No. The scholarship will not be renewed if the awardee fails to qualify in the annual or
term-end examinations of the course.
13. Will the students who have enrolled in some course in distance mode or have obtained admission through management quota be considered eligible for award of scholarship?
» No these categories of students will not be considered for the award of scholarship.
14. Can the awardee claim any other scholarship (State/ Institute or other Ministry) during the tenure of award of this scholarship?
» No. Such students will not be considered for the award of this scholarship.
15. Can the students apply anytime during the year of admission?
» No. Students can only apply online on the NPS during a particular time period as displayed on the website.
How To Apply For Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021:
Interested & eligible candidates (Both Fresh & Renewal) can apply online via the official website of the National Scholarship Portal from 20th September 2021 to 30th November 2021. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021.
For more information about Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021 please visit the official Website/ Notification given below.
Starting Date: 20th September 2021
Last Date: 30th November 2021
Official Website: Click Here
Scholarship Guidelines: Click Here