Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam has released the official notification (NMMS Scholarship Assam 2020) for “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS)” Scheme for 2020-21. A Centrally Sponsored Scheme “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme
(NMMSS)” was launched in May, 2008 and the award is only for those students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum.
NMMS Scholarship Assam 2020 Details:
Name of scholarship: National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship
Exam level: National
Apply method: Online
Eligible classes: IX, X, XI & XII
Total number of scholarship: 2411
Exam date: 13 December
- The Centrally Sponsored Scheme “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme
(NMMSS)” was launched in May, 2008.
- Scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum.
- Students studying as regular students in class IX, X, XI and XII in a Government, Government- aided and local body schools for a maximum period of four years.
- The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 12000/- per annum @ Rs. 1000 per month.
- Scholarships are disbursed by the State Bank of India through DBT method.
- The students studying in “KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS’ and “JAWAHAR NAVODAYA
VIDYALAYAS” are not entitled to get this scholarship.
- Students studying in Residential Schools run by the State Government Institutions,
where facilities like boarding, lodging and education are provided and students studying
in private schools are also not eligible for the scholarship under this scheme.
- The proposals/list of beneficiaries is required to be submitted/ uploaded on-line over
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) from 2018-19.
- Institute and Districts need to verify the authenticity of students registered through NSP
(National Scholarship Portal)
Procedure For Selection Of Awardee Students:
- State level NMMSS exam is conducted in the month of November in every state.
- There are 40 numbers of centers in all over Assam.
- The question paper of 2018 was set by Cotton University, Guwahati, Assam.
- All Technical support including Online Application, Admit card Preparation, Supply of
OMR sheets and Preparation of Result are done by SMB Systems Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai which
is a vendor approved by this Directorate.
Examination Pattern for NMMS Scholarship Assam 2020:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT): 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal
meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely,
science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
- Minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination is needed for
appearing NMMSS examination (5% less for SC/ST students)
- Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
Selection Method for NMMS Scholarship Assam 2020:
For selecting the students for NMMS Scholarship Assam 2020, the following conditions may apply:
- The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. (For the SC/ST students, 32% marks)
- The student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in Class VIII
examination. (50 % for SC/ST students).
- The state current quota of Assam is 2441.
NMMS Scholarship Assam 2020 Exam Fee:
- For General & OBC Candidates: Rs. 200/-
- For SC/ST Candidates: Rs. 180-
- For Differently Abled Candidates: Rs. 175/-
Candidates have to pay the exam fees via Debit card/ Credit card, Internet banking during the submission of the application.
NMMS 2020 Admit Card:
Candidates who have applied for the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) 2020 they can download their E-Admit card from the official website of www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in, or via Bidyarthi app.
- The E-Admit card may be available for download after 1st December 2020.
- The NMMS exam will be held on 13 December 2020.
NMMS 2020 Exam Centres:
For Cachar district: Centre area (Silchar), Exam centre (Govt. Boys HS School, Silchar)
For more information please visit the official Website/ Notification given below.
Starting Date: 25 October 2020
Last Date: 25 November 2020
Official Notification: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here