UPSC has released an official notification for UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination on its official website upsc.gov.in for admission of 345 vacancies in Combined Defence Services (CDS). Candidates who want to apply for the UPSC CDS (I) 2021 Exam to get recruited in defence services through courses carried out by IMA, INA, AFA and OTA can apply online now for the Combined Defence Services Examination.
Name of the Post/Course: Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, Officers Training Academy, Officers Training Academy (Non-Technical)
Total number of Post: 345
UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination 2021 Details:
.CDS Vacancy Details:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun:(100 post) 152 (DE) Course commencing in January 2022 (including 13 posts reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders)
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala: (26 post) Course commencing in January, 2022. Executive (General Service)/Hydro [including 06 posts for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC Special entry) holders]
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad: (32 post) (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in January, 2022 i.e. No. 211 F(P) Course. [including 03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’
Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras):(170 post) 115th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in April, 2022.
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras): 29th SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in April, 2022.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai – Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution.
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Graduates with first choice as Army/ Navy/ Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/ provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
- Nationality: A candidate must be unmarried and must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age: Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status for UPSC Combined Defence Services.
- For IMA – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1998 and not later than 1st January, 2003 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1998 and not later than 1st January, 2003 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy – 20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2022 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1998 and not later than 1st January, 2002 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2002 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1997 and not later than 1st January, 2003 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1997 and not later than 1st January, 2003.
Examination Centre’s: The Examination will be held at the following Centre’s.
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Prayagraj (Allahabad), Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur And Visakhapatnam.
Application Fees: Candidates (excepting Female/ SC/ ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using the Net Banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
How To Apply: Candidates are required to apply online by using the website “upsconline.nic.in”. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the official notification (Link is given below). Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website for UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination.
Other Important Dates:
- Last Date for Fee Payment (Cash):16 November (11:59 PM)
- Last Date for Fee Payment (online): 17 November (6 PM)
- Online Application withdrawn Date: 24 to 30 November (6PM)
- Date of Exam:07 February 2021
- Tentative Date for Result Declaration:April 2021
For more information please visit the official Website/Notification given below.
Starting Date: 28 October 2020
Last Date: 17 November 2020
Official Notification: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here