Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released an official notification (UPSC Recruitment 2021) for the post of 712 vacancies under various services or departments through the Civil Service (Prelims) Exam 2021. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online via the official website of UPSC.
Name Of The Exam: Civil Services (Prelims) Examination 2021.
Total Number Of Posts: 712 Posts.
UPSC Recruitment 2021 Details:
Name Of The Services That Comes Under Civil Services (Prelims) Examination 2021:
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Protection Force Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Indirect Taxes) Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Grade III)
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman, and the Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service (DANICS), Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service (PONDICS), Group ‘B’
Eligibility Criteria For UPSC Recruitment 2021 – (Pre Exam):
Educational Qualification: A candidate must hold a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
Nationality: A mentioned below:-
- For the Indian Administrative Service, the Indian Foreign Service, and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either:— a citizen of India Or, a subject of Nepal Or, a subject of Bhutan Or, a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, Or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East
African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age Limits: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2021 i.e., the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1989 and not later than 1st August, 2000.
Selection Process For UPSC Recruitment 2021:
Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the screening & selection of candidates for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates against the vacancies identified and reported for the Indian Forest Service Examination.
UPSC Recruitment 2021 – Preliminary Exam Centres:
Agartala, Agra, Ajmer, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Aligarh, Ananthapuru, Aurangabad, Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Bilaspur, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwar, Dispur, Faridabad, Gangtok, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Gaya, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Gurgaon, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkatta, Kozhikode (Calicut), Leh, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madhuri, Mumbai, Mysuru, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai, Panaji (GOA), Patna, Portblair, Prayagraj (Allahabad), Puducherry, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Siliguri, Srinagar, Thane, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirupati, Udaipur, Varanasi, Vellore, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Warangal.
Application Fees For UPSC Recruitment 2021:
Candidates applying (excepting Female/ SC/ ST/ PwBD candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit card.
How To Apply For UPSC Recruitment 2021:
Candidates are required to apply Online only by using the website upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions are for filling up the online Applications Form have been given in the official notification. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
For more information please visit the official Website/ Notification given below.
Starting Date: 04th March 2021
Last Date: 24th March 2021
Official Website: Click Here
Official Notification: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here
RELATED POST: UPSC Indian Forest Service Recruitment 2021 – Apply Online For UPSC IFS Examination 2021